Getting Hired: Teaching Jobs for Spring and Summer
This job-hunting season is looking a little different from those in the past, but fear not! Many schools are currently hiring for the next school year and job-hunters can still find the teaching opportunities they need to grow their careers.
We’ve connected with our partners and scoured the internet for current job openings available in New Jersey. See below for a list of current opportunities!
OPEN ADMINISTRATOR POSITIONS
- BelovED Community Charter School is looking for a Dean of Students that will maintain a safe and orderly environment. The dean will implement positive discipline, help educators develop their classroom management skills and support development of student life organizations and activities. Click here to learn more.
- Philips Academy Charter School of Paterson is looking to hire an Assistant Principal for the upcoming school year. The job listing is open until June 4 and you can apply here.
- Philips Academy Charter School of Paterson is looking to hire a Dean of Students for the upcoming school year. For more information and to apply, please send your inquiry, or resume and cover letter, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Neptune Township Public Schools has an opening for a High School Principal. Interested applicants should apply online here for posting 21-121. The listing expires on June 4th and the position begins July 1st.
- New Jersey Institute of Technology is hiring a Program Development Manager to assist in growing their graduate and professional degree programs, as well as non-degree and certificate programs and certification workshops. For more information, head here.
- Center for Teacher Effectiveness Is seeking current or retired superintendents, principals, and teachers to provide professional development and in-service training for primary through secondary schools and districts across the country (including public, private and charter schools). For more information, click here.
- Foundation Academy has two administration positions to fill. Click here to learn about the high school assistant principal of instruction role and here to learn about the opening for a middle school instructional dean.
OPEN ELEMENTARY SCHOOL POSITIONS
- Pioneer Academy is currently interviewing and hiring candidates in grades K-4 for the 2020-2021 school year. The starting date is set for September 1st and the posting is live until July 10th. Click here to learn more.
- College Achieve Central Charter School is looking for an elementary teacher who will provide students rigorous and relevant learning activities and experiences designed to prepare each student to excel at a top college or university. Apply here.
- KIPP New Jersey has designed the Teacher in Residence program to help aspiring teachers get hands-on experience and the certification they need to become excellent teachers at KIPP’s world-class schools. As a TiR, you will fuse theory and practice as you work alongside experienced teachers in the classroom while earning your teaching certification. Get more information on the job here.
- Philips Academy Charter School of Paterson is prioritizing hiring for a lead kindergarten teacher, elementary school lead teachers and a special education teacher.
- BelovED Community Charter School has an opening for an elementary classroom teacher. The listing is open until the role is filled. Click here to get all the details. Additionally, BelovED has openings for an assistant elementary teacher and a technology teacher.
- College Achieve Paterson Charter School has elementary school teaching positions open for grades K-4. Visit collegeachievepaterson.org to apply. Under the “Careers” tab, hit “Apply Now.”
OPEN ENGLISH POSITIONS
- Foundation Academies recently posted an opportunity for a middle school English teacher. Learn more about the position here.
OPEN ESL AND WORLD LANGUAGES POSITIONS
- Lakehurst Elementary School District has an opening for an ESL/world languages teacher. Multilingual candidates are preferred to assist the district's growing Spanish-speaking population. Multiple certifications are preferred for the role (i.e. Special Education, etc.). Apply here before July 6th.
- College Achieve Paterson Charter School is looking for an ELL/ESL teacher who will provide students learning activities and experiences designed to prepare them to excel at a top college or university. To learn more about the position and apply, visit collegeachievepaterson.org to apply. Under the “Careers” tab, hit “Apply Now.”
OPEN GENERAL EDUCATION POSITIONS
- Newark Public Schools is looking for a teacher of education to plan a program that meets the individual needs, interests and abilities of students. To view requirements and application info, click here.
- Pompton Lakes Board of Education is currently looking for a teacher/behavior specialist. Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume, copy of certification(s) and transcripts to Mrs. Nancy Finelli, Supervisor of Autism at email@example.com. To visit the post, click here.
- College Achieve Paterson Charter School has openings for a number of middle school teacher positions, as well as a position for a high school teacher. Middle school subjects include English, math, science and history. Visit collegeachievepaterson.org to apply. Under the “Careers” tab, hit “Apply Now.”
- Cresthaven Academy is looking for full-time b to establish a classroom culture that balances high expectations with love and support. The position is slated to begin in August. Click here to learn more.
- Queen City Academy Charter School is looking for a middle school math teacher to join this small K-8 school. Read more and apply here.
- Foundations Academy has two general education positions open. Click here to view the elementary teacher (grades 3-5) role and here for the K-2 position.
OPEN MUSIC POSITIONS
- Foundation Academies has an opening for a strings orchestra teacher. Click here to learn more about the position.
OPEN SOCIAL WORK POSITIONS
- Foundations Academy is currently looking for a social worker. You can view the posting here.
OPEN SPECIAL EDUCATION POSITIONS
- Piscataway Township Schools is looking for an elementary-school special education position. Experience with autism is preferred. The job post expires on July 10th and can be found here.
- TheraCare is looking for a New Jersey-based special educator. The position requires the candidate to provide screening and diagnosis to children up to 3 years old with various developmental delays. To apply for the position, click here.
- College Achieve Paterson Charter School is looking for a paraprofessional aide to work with special education teachers to provide direct assistance to students, Visit collegeachievepaterson.org to apply. Under the “Careers” tab, hit “Apply Now.”
- Lakehurst Elementary has an opening for a part-time special education teacher to provide group, small group and individual instruction for students. The candidate will design lesson plans and support strategies to help students be successful in the classroom. To learn more about the position, click here.
- College Achieve Paterson Charter School is looking for a special education teacher. The candidate will conduct assessments, testing and diagnostic examinations of students for the purpose of identifying learning issues and recommending courses of action or corrective procedures to overcome issues and maximize learning. Visit collegeachievepaterson.org to apply. Under the “Careers” tab, hit “Apply Now.”
- Queen City Academy Charter School is looking for a special education teacher for the 2020-21 school year. Read more and apply here.
- Foundation Academies is hiring a special education teacher for grades 3-5. Learn about the position here. Additionally, Foundation Academies has a high school special education teacher position open. Click here to learn more.
OPEN STEM POSITIONS
- College Achieve Charter School in Plainfield is hiring a middle school math teacher to create a classroom environment that is safe, conducive to learning, and encourages students to take risks in their learning. Click here to view the listing.
- Bordentown Regional School District is taking applications for a teacher of STEM/computer science position. To get more information on the position, click here. Applications are being accepted through May 20th.
- Maplewood Middle School is looking for a middle school STEM teacher. The application closes on May 21st, so if you think you’re a strong candidate apply ASAP. To view the position, click here.
- Multiple South Jersey Built By Me locations are looking for STEM instructors. To view the instructor opportunities, head to this website.
- Foundation Academies currently has two STEM positions open. To apply for the high school chemistry position, click here. For the middle school science teacher position, click here.
OPEN SUBSTITUTE POSITIONS
- Queen City Academy Charter School has multiple openings for substitute teachers. Pay is $100 a day and candidates can view application instructions here.