Getting Hired: Teaching Jobs for Summer and Fall
While summer vacation is on the mind, schools are busy looking ahead to the 2020-21 school year. Many New Jersey school districts are currently hiring, with a diverse list of job options for new and veteran educators.
We’ve connected with our partners and scoured the internet for current job openings available in New Jersey. See below for a list of current opportunities!
OPEN ADMINISTRATION POSITIONS
- Crossroads Christian Academy has an opening for Head of School. The school has around 125 students, ranging from preschool to eighth grade. Apply for the position here.
- Professional Development School Trainers in Lakewood has an immediate opening for an Educational Professional Development Instructor. Read more about the role here.
- Tabernacle Township School District is hiring an assistant principal/supervisor of special services. To apply, candidates must include a letter of interest, resume, certifications and three letters of recommendation This post is live until July 19th, click here to see all requirements.
OPEN ARTS POSITIONS
- BRICK Education Network is taking applications for an art teacher. The candidate will provide high-quality, nurturing education to underserved children and families. Head to this link for more information. Additionally, BRICK has many other arts positions open. See the requirements for the theater teacher position here, dance teacher opening here and music teacher role here.
- Washington Township School District is looking for a middle school music teacher to begin August 24, 2020. The role, found here, focuses specifically on strings, orchestra and guitar.
OPEN ELEMENTARY POSITIONS
- Maplewood Public Schools has an opening for a K-5 teacher, beginning September 1st. View the listing, which expires on July 16th, here.
- Crossroads Christian Academy is a non-denominational Christian day-school and is currently hiring a third-grade teacher. Head here to get more information.
- Randolph Township Schools has an opportunity available for an elementary school teacher. Click here to view the listing, which expires July 10th.
- Matheny School and Hospital is looking for an elementary teacher to meet the needs of students according to their IEP. To learn more about the position, visit the listing here.
OPEN ENGLISH AND WORLD LANGUAGES POSITIONS
- BRICK Education Network is looking for a candidate to fill its middle school English teacher opening. To learn more and apply, click here.
- Robert Treat Academy Charter School has an opening for an English language arts teacher. The post is live until July 19th and you can apply here.
- Shrewsbury Borough School is currently hiring for a middle school English language arts literacy teacher. The position begins September 1, 2020 and the school is taking applications through July 4th. Apply here.
- Benjamin Banneker Preparatory Charter School is interviewing for an English language arts teacher. The listing is live through August 31, 2020 and you can apply here.
- Principle Academy Charter School is hiring an Italian teacher for grades K-6. The listing is open until July 11th. Apply here.
- Hoboken Public Schools is looking for an Italian teacher for the 2020-21 school year. Applications are accepted through July 31st. View the position here.
OPEN HISTORY AND SOCIAL STUDIES POSITIONS
- South Hackensack School District is looking for a social studies teacher to teach grades 6-8. The position starts on September 1, 2020. To learn more and apply for the role, head here.
- Oak Knoll School of the Holy Child has an opening for a history teacher for the 2020-21 school year. For more details, click here.
OPEN PHYSICAL EDUCATION POSITIONS
- Rutherford Public Schools is currently interviewing for a high school physical education/health teacher. Visit here to apply.
OPEN SPECIAL EDUCATION POSITIONS
- Paterson Public Schools is looking for an elementary and middle school special education teacher to begin September 1st. To learn more information about the position and see job requirements, click here.
- Uncommon Schools in Camden is taking applications for a special education teacher to begin in August. The candidate will provide academic, emotional and physical services to students. To apply, head here.
- Plainsboro Regional School District is hiring a special education teacher. For the position, a math and/or science certificate is preferred. Apply here before July 11th.
- Queen City Academy Charter School is looking for a special education teacher for the 2020-21 school year. Read more and apply here.
OPEN STEM POSITIONS
- New Jersey Institute of Technology has an opening for a STEM teacher for the school’s pre-college programs department. The teacher will provide engineering-based Saturday instruction and is part time. To learn more, visit here.
- Paterson Public Schools is looking for a seventh-grade math teacher to start immediately. Head here to apply for the position. Additionally, Paterson has an opening for a biology teacher. For this position, click here.
- Kingsray Regional School District has a contract chemistry teacher position open. To learn more about the job duties, click here.
- LEAD Charter School is currently interviewing candidates for a math instructor position. The teacher works with high school students to prepare them for success after graduation. Apply for the role here.
- Thomas Edison EnergySmart Charter School is taking applications for a middle school science teacher to begin August 19, 2020. To learn more information about the position’s requirements, click here.
- BRICK Education Network is looking for a middle school math teacher. To see application requirements, click here.
- Toms River Regional Schools has an opening for an intermediate-level math teacher. A special education dual certificate is preferred for the role. Get more details here.
- People’s Preparatory Charter School is hiring a math teacher for the 2020-21 school year. Apply here, now through July 19th.
- Ramapo Indian Hills Regional High School District is looking for a physics teacher for a tenure-track position. Advanced placement experience is preferred, but not required. Get more information about the position here.
- Queen City Academy Charter School is looking for a middle school math teacher to join this small K-8 school. Read more and apply here.
OPEN SUBSTITUTE POSITIONS
- Queen City Academy Charter School has multiple openings for substitute teachers. Pay is $100 a day and candidates can view application instructions here.